What you will need to submit
- Author(s) information
- 250-word abstract for technical review
- 100-word summary for the program
- Keywords used in search for your paper (optional)
- Check the individual conference call for papers for additional requirements (for example, some conferences require two- to three-page extended summary for technical review, or have instructions for award competitions)
Note: Only original material should be submitted. Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers with proprietary restrictions will not be accepted for presentation.
How to submit your abstract
- Browse the conference topics to review the conferences, or view the Call PDF (coming in 2022).
- Choose one conference that most closely matches the topics of your abstract. You may submit more than one abstract, but submit each abstract only once
- Post-deadline submissions: Click the title of the conference to view the full description and submit by clicking the "Additional Information" tab and then the "Submit An Abstract" button on that page
- Sign in to your SPIE account, or create an account if you do not already have one
- Follow the steps in the submission wizard until the submission process is completed
All presenting authors, including keynote, invited, oral, and poster presenters, agree to the following conditions by submitting an abstract:
- Register and pay the author registration fee
- Oral presenters: Submit a presentation video by the advertised due date, or agree to the presentation capture of your presentation on site, for online conference viewing during the event and publication in the Proceedings of SPIE on the SPIE Digital Library
- Poster presenters: Submit a Poster PDF and optional preview video by the advertised due date, for online conference viewing during the event and publication in the Proceedings of SPIE on the SPIE Digital Library
- Submit a four-page-minimum manuscript by the advertised due date, for online conference viewing during the event and publication in the Proceedings of SPIE on the SPIE Digital Library
- Obtain funding for registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations
- Ensure that all clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor in the USA, allow at least 60 days for clearance
- Attend the meeting
- Present at the scheduled time
Review and program placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all submissions will be assessed by the conference chair/editor for technical merit and suitability of content
- Conference chairs/editors reserve the right to reject for presentation any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to chairs' discretion
Publication of Proceedings in the SPIE Digital Library
- SPIE will publish all presentations for viewing during the conference, as well as permanently archive all presentations in the conference proceedings on the SPIE Digital Library
- SPIE retains rights to distribute and market the official SPIE recording of the presentation, presentation video, and/or poster
- Authors must be authorized to transfer copyright of the manuscript to SPIE, or provide a suitable publication license. Authors retain the right to prepare derivative publications based on the paper
- Conference chairs/editors may require manuscript revision before approving publication and reserve the right to reject for publication any paper that does not meet acceptable standards for a scientific publication
- Conference Chair/Editor decisions on whether to allow publication of a manuscript are final
- Only papers, presentations, and posters presented at the conference and received according to publication guidelines and due dates will be published in the conference Proceedings of SPIE on the SPIE Digital Library
- SPIE partners with relevant scientific databases to enable researchers to find the papers in the Proceedings of SPIE easily. The databases that abstract and index these papers include Astrophysical Data System (ADS), Ei Compendex, CrossRef, Google Scholar, Inspec, Scopus, and Web of Science
- More publication information available on the SPIE Digital Library
Questions? Contact the program coordinator listed in your spie.org account.
For questions about your presentation, submitting an abstract post-deadline, or the meeting, contact your conference program coordinator.
For questions about your manuscript, contact your proceedings coordinator.