SPIE safe meeting protocols
This page reflects current rules and expectations and will be kept up to date as any requirements change.
- SPIE will follow the latest published requirements and safe gathering protocols established in the location where each event occurs
- Among national, state, local, or facility-specific rules or recommendations SPIE will abide by the current mandates of the local government and venue
- Rules may change if local, state, or federal rules change prior to or during an event
What to expect at SPIE Photonics Europe
In Strasbourg, proof of vaccination is required and the wearing of masks is recommended based on city-specific rules; source: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
- Full vaccination will be required for all attendees and staff
- If not fully vaccinated, show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours prior to entering the event venue
- As of 14 March, masks are not required, but optional, for all indoor spaces
- Enhanced sanitation measures will be taken throughout the event
- Masks and hand sanitizers will be widely available
Proof of vaccination
- Vaccination certificates carried by citizens of countries listed by the French Government will be accepted without further formalities.
- If you are not vaccinated or vaccinated with a vaccine not accepted by the French Government, you need to be able to show a negative test.
How we can all help
- Wash hands frequently
- If not fully vaccinated, you have to have a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours prior to entering the venue
- Respect the personal space and comfort level of others
- Do not attend if you are not feeling well
- SPIE recommendations for offsite COVID-19 testing labs to accommodate anyone who may desire or need a test
For information on traveling, please visit the Hotel and Travel page.
What to expect in Strasbourg
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required at area businesses
- After 14 March, wearing masks indoors (except on public transit) is no longer required, only optional
- Respect local area mandates and requirements