What you will need to submit
- Presentation title
- Author(s) information
- Speaker biography (1000-character max including spaces)
- Abstract for technical review (200-300 words; text only)
- Summary of abstract for display in the program (50-150 words; text only)
- Keywords used in search for your paper (optional)
- Check the individual conference call for papers for additional requirements (i.e. extended abstract PDF upload for review or instructions for award competitions)
Note: Only original material should be submitted. Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers with proprietary restrictions will not be accepted for presentation.
How to submit your abstract
- Browse the conference topics to review the conferences
- Choose one conference that most closely matches the topics of your abstract. You may submit more than one abstract, but submit each abstract only once
- Click the title of the conference to view the full description and submit by clicking the "Submit An Abstract" button on that page
- Sign in to your SPIE account, or create an account if you do not already have one
- Follow the steps in the submission wizard until the submission process is completed
- If your submission is related to an application track below, indicate the appropriate track when prompted during the submission process.
An application track is a grouping of presentations on a topic of interest across all conferences. During submission of the abstract, the submitting author should select an application track if it is relevant to their research. Learn more.
- AI/ML: Papers that showcase the use of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning to create and implement intelligent systems
- Microelectronics: Papers that highlight advances in materials, design, fabrication, integration and applications of silicon or compound semiconductor microelectronics for use in the security and defense sectors and the commercial marketplace.
- Sustainability: Papers that feature solutions to achieving net zero energy consumption, waste, and carbon emissions within optics and photonics
All presenting authors, including keynote, invited, oral, and poster presenters, agree to the following conditions by submitting an abstract:
- Register and pay the author registration fee
- Oral presenters: recording and publication of your onsite presentation (slides synched with voice) for publication in the Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library
- Poster presenters: submit a poster PDF by the advertised due dates for publication in the Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library; poster PDFs may also be published and viewable in the spie.org program during and immediately after the event. Each poster must have a unique presenter; one person may not present more than one poster
- Email messaging for the conference series
- Submit a manuscript by the advertised due date for publication in the Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library
- Obtain funding for registration fees, travel, and accommodations
- Attend the meeting
- Present at the scheduled time
Review and program placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all submissions will be assessed by the conference chair/editor for technical merit and suitability of content
- Conference chairs/editors reserve the right to reject for presentation any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to chair discretion
Publication of Proceedings in the SPIE Digital Library
Increase your professional visibility and publish in the world's largest collection of optics and photonics research. Your peers access approximately 18 million papers, presentations, and posters from the SPIE Digital Library each year.
- Only manuscripts, presentations, and posters presented at the conference and received according to publication guidelines and due dates will be published in the Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library
- Manuscripts, presentations, and posters will be officially published after the event in the SPIE Digital Library
- Conference chairs/editors may require revision before approving publication and reserve the right to reject for publication any manuscript or presentation that does not meet acceptable standards for a scientific publication
- Conference chair/editor decision to accept or reject a manuscript, presentation, or poster for publication is final
- Authors must be authorized to provide a suitable publication license to SPIE; Authors retain copyright of all scientific material
- SPIE retains rights to distribute and market the official SPIE recording of the presentation and/or submitted video/poster
- SPIE partners with relevant scientific databases and indexes to enable researchers to easily find papers published in the Proceedings of SPIE. The databases that abstract and index these papers include Astrophysical Data System (ADS), Ei Compendex, CrossRef, Google Scholar, Inspec, Scopus, and Web of Science
- More publication information available in the SPIE Digital Library
Questions? Contact the SPIE staff coordinator listed in your spie.org account.
For questions about the event, program, your presentation, and/or submitting an abstract, contact your conference program coordinator.
For questions about submitting for, and publication on, the SPIE Digital Library, contact your proceedings coordinator.