SPIE safe meeting protocols
This page reflects current rules and expectations and will be kept up to date as requirements change.
- SPIE will follow the latest published requirements and safe gathering protocols established in the location where each event occurs
- Among national, state, local, or facility-specific rules or recommendations SPIE will apply the most restrictive of the applicable controls.
- On April 1, the State of California’s requirement for vaccine verification or proof of negative tests for attendees at indoor events will be lifted and moved to a strong recommendation. The City of San Jose has no ordinances in place regarding proof of testing, vaccinations or boosters for attendance at large events in City-owned facilities.
What to expect at SPIE Advanced Lithography + Patterning
As an event with more than 50 attendees taking place in San Jose, Advanced Lithography + Patterning will comply with the city's recommendations and requirements noted above.
- Vaccines authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the US FDA or by the World Health Organization (WHO) are strongly recommended for attending this meeting.
- Masks are also strongly recommended for all indoor spaces and for unvaccinated individuals, ages 2 and older.
- Enhanced sanitation measures will be taken throughout the event.
- Masks and hand sanitizers will be widely available.
Find a COVID testing site in San Jose
To find current testing sites near the convention center, use this locator map. Enter the zip code of the San Jose Convention Center – 95113 – to find the closest options.
Learn more about County of Santa Clara testing
How we can all help
- Wash hands frequently
- Respect the personal space and comfort level of others
- Do not attend if you are not feeling well
Traveling to the United States
For information on traveling to the United States, please visit the Hotel and Travel page.
What to expect in San Jose
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination may still be required at area businesses
- Masks may still be required for indoor activities for unvaccinated individuals, ages 2 and older
- Respect local area mandates and requirements